Event Date: Oct 24, 2023
Time: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
In January 2023, the Commission began the process of engaging with clients and families, community advocates, state and local policymakers, service providers, and various public and private sector partners to gather feedback that would help shape our strategic planning process for the next four years.
Using the robust results of that engagement as a guide, the Commission has developed a draft strategic plan to guide our work from January 2024 through 2027.
Please consider reviewing the draft plan at: https://mhsoac.ca.gov/strategic-plan/make-your-voice-heard/ and providing us with your input at this Listening Session.
The questions below are offered as a guide as you review the plan:
- How could a decision-making framework like the one in the draft (pages 8-10) be used to improve the Commission’s selection of priorities and design of its projects?
- What are the most important mental health needs in your community and what are some best practices to address those needs?
- How do you think the Commission can effectively promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) approaches in the mental health system?
- What can the Commission do to facilitate partnerships between consumers, community organizations, and service providers?
- How can the Commission grow and improve its capabilities (policy research and advocacy, incentive grants and technical assistance, innovation support and evaluation) to support transformative change?
- How can the Commission most effectively support integration of substance use disorder services into its work?
- How could the Commission best support counties and their community partners to plan for and develop the capacities to effectively implement the new requirements of The Behavioral Health Services Act?
- How can the Commission help build public trust and ownership in the mental health system? What strategies should be used?
- Please provide any other guidance to the Commission regarding its 2024-27 strategic plan.