The Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission works, along with state, county, and local partners, every day to make a difference in the wellbeing of nearly 40 million Californians.
We are excited to share this report – a snapshot of our work from July through December 2022 – to provide insights and highlights of our impact through our initiatives, committees, and community engagement.
Key accomplishments include:
- NEW VOICES: More than 800 people from a variety of cultural backgrounds and regions of California participated in meetings and interviews for our PEI research, allowing us to hear from voices that have never been at the table before.
- ELEVATING VOICES: To advance our Full Service Partnership work, we listened to and learned from individuals receiving services, and included them in decision making around services and programs.
- ON SCREEN VOICES: We hosted a screening and panel discussion for the Ken Burns documentary Hiding in Plain Sight: Youth Mental Illness, which as of this writing has received more than 4 million views.
Inside you will also find:
- A community events recap
- Our strategic initiatives at a glance
- Community engagement and grants
- Committee updates