The role of the MHSOAC is to oversee the implementation of the MHSA. The MHSOAC is also responsible for developing strategies to overcome stigma. At any time, the MHSOAC may advise the Governor or the Legislature on mental health policy. The MHSOAC oversees the Adults and Older Adults Systems of Care Act; Human Resources; Innovative Programs; Prevention & Early Intervention Programs; and the Children’s Mental Health Services Act. The Commission replaced the advisory committee which had been established pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5814.
- Careers and Fellowships - Find out how to work with the MHSOAC
- Commissioners - Current Commissioners and Commission Structure
- Committees - Working Committees and Focus Areas
- FAQ - Read some Frequently Asked Questions
- Mission Statement - Out Mission: What Guides our Work
- Prop63/MHSA - History, Overview and Other Aspects of the Act