The Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission works every day to catalyze transformational change across mental health services and systems in California.
We are excited to share this quarterly report – a snapshot of our work from October 1 – December 31, 2021 – to provide insights and highlights of our impact through our initiatives, committees and community engagement.
Key accomplishments include:
- FUNDING: The Commission addressed pre-existing disparities in mental health care with one-time pandemic funding.
- PARTNERSHIP: The Mental Health Student Services Act (MHSSA) helped build partnerships to increase on-campus support to students through grants to 55 counties.
- SUPPORT: Advisory for youth, led by youth, developed a social media outreach plan to support vulnerable kids.
Inside you will also find:
- A quarterly events recap
- Our 12 initiatives at a glance
- Featured Initiative: School Mental Health programs in 55 counties funded by a $210 million grant
- Committee updates
- What’s next?