Being informed about what you can do in a crisis situation will make it easier for you to effectively get help for someone in a psychiatric crisis.
If you or someone else needs support, a trained crisis counselor can be reached by calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or by texting TALK to 741741.
- Personas que hablan español, llamen a the Lifeline al 888-682-9454.
- For teens, call the TEEN LINE at 310-855-4673 or text TEEN to 839863.
- For veterans, call the Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1.
- For LGBTQ youth, call The Trevor Project at 866-488-7386 or text START to 678678.
- For transgender people, call the Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860.
- For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, call the Lifeline at 800-799-4889.
- For law enforcement personnel, call the COPLINE at 800-267-5463.
- For other first responders, call the Fire/EMS Helpline at 888-731-FIRE (3473).
In an emergency or in need of immediate help, dial 911